Top Ten Popular Authors I’ve Never Read
Totally Random Tuesday
Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because they are particularly fond of lists at The Broke and the Bookish. They love to share their lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
This week on Top Ten Tuesday I get to share all of the authors that everyone else seems to have read, but that I for whatever reason have not. I don’t expect anyone to be shocked, but it should be enlightening perhaps. Let’s get into it!
1. Jennifer L. Armentrout – That’s right, I thought I would lead off with one that will get me the most feedback because I KNOW how many bookish people LOVE her work. I have not read the Lux series, or Covenant, or even The Dark Elements, nope, not a one. I haven’t been avoiding her books or anything, they just never seemed like ones I HAD to read, so I didn’t.
2. Cassandra Clare – Nope. No Infernal Devices or Mortal Instruments to be found here! I wasn’t really diving back into YA until after TMI was most of the way through and I never felt compelled to read that series or Infernal Devices. Not sure why, but there it is.
3. Neil Gaiman – Alright…this one I’m ashamed to admit, but it is true. I should fix this, I KNOW, but maybe it is the hype (though I’m sure it is deserved) keeping me away or something. Regardless at some point I’m sure this will be rectified, but not soon.
4. Richelle Mead – No Vampire Academy or Bloodlines, and not even Dark Swan or Georgina Kincaid to be found in my “read” pile. I’m not that into vampire books and while I know her series are crazy popular I’ve never had the urge to read her work. Maybe that will change at some point, but I kind of doubt it.
5. Tahereh Mafi – I’m going to get killed for this list aren’t I? Look, I KNOW how awesome the Shatter Me books probably are and how much I need/should want to read the series. I think I even have one of the books on my Kindle App…but I don’t know when or if this will happen. Oh well.
6. Katie McGarry – I actually do enjoy a decent amount of contemp/romance, but even though I’ve bought some of the books in the Pushing the Limits series for other people I’ve never read them myself.
7. Wendy Higgins – No Sweet anything for me apparently. I looked at Sweet Evil many times while putting together the umpteenth shipment of books that would be coming my way, but never left it on the cart by the end. At this point I think I’m past caring.
8. Libba Bray – The Diviners intrigued me a bit and was like Sweet Evil in the consideration but never purchased sense, but for the most part her books never spoke to me. Maybe I am missing out.
9. Jodi Meadows – The covers are striking, and possibly beautiful, and the content seems like it would match based on what I’ve heard. Has that made me actually purchase even Incarnate? Nope. I don’t know why.
10. Nicholas Sparks – His books don’t fit the mold of the rest, but I thought I’d include him anyway. I’ve seen The Notebook the movie, but never read the book. This is one author that I don’t plan on ever considering reading, so there’s that.
There are so many awesome authors out there that I haven’t read and this list just barely touches the surface. I only included authors that I was less likely to read even though the popular opinion might say I should, ones that I didn’t own a single book of. What is your top ten list for this week? Let me know! Thanks as always for reading! ^.^
This entry was posted on March 4, 2014 by frodosco. It was filed under Randomness and was tagged with Jennifer L. Armentrout, Neil Gaiman, The Broke and the Bookish, Top Ten Popular Authors I've Never Read, Top Ten Tuesday.