Top Ten Goals/Resolutions for 2014
Totally Random Tuesday
Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because they are particularly fond of lists at The Broke and the Bookish. They love to share their lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
This week on Top Ten Tuesday it is all about the goals and resolutions for this year. I posted my Goals and Challenges post earlier this year, but I thought I could expand on that a bit here. Enjoy! ^.^
1. Be more positive! – Last year I felt that my reviews might have been a tad to harsh or critical, and while it is early in the year, I have really enjoyed the books I’ve read so far (at ten books read as of this post), and I feel like I should focus more on praising successes rather then discussing ones I am not as fond of. That does not mean this will become a fluffy unicorns and rainbows review blog, but I’ll try to remember how much fun these books can be and insert that into my writing. ^.^
2. Read big books too! – I tended to avoid larger books last year, and while the book/day challenge does make it seem like bigger ones might not be the best option I feel that I can make them fit just fine this time around. I won’t be hiding from 500+ page books this year!
3. More genres! – I participated in the Genre Variety Reading Challenge last year, and while I am not doing so this year it inspired me to continue branching out. There is no specific goal for this but even with the last few books I read I jumped from video games, to greek mythology, to contemporary, and am currently on steampunk. It’s been a blast!
4. Comment more! – I’ll admit, I’m not great when it comes to replying to comments and visiting other blogs regularly, but this WILL change in 2014. I’m replying to just about every comment I get here (as long as it had some thought put into it) and I’ll be visiting other blogs more to see what people are up to!
5. Even more readathons! – I LOVE readathons! Last year I participated in quite a few, but my obsession with them has reached new heights as I have a column on my tweetdeck for #readathon. No I’m not crazy…alright, maybe a little. Still, MORE please!
6. More pictures/gifs! – Most of my posts during my first 6-8 months on the blog had little to no pictures or really anything but words except for the cover of the book in WoW’s or reviews. I’ve been a bit better with that recently (this post notwithstanding) but I think I can continue to improve on it and make them more fun to read. Here, have some Lizzie Bennet Diaries goodness!
7. More interactions with authors! – You may not see evidence on the blog as most of this will likely be done on Twitter, but if at all possible I’d love to have more discussions and learn more about the authors that make these wondrous adventures that I enjoy so much.
8. More randomness! – While I already have implemented some cool new features (that I’m quite happy with) I still think there could be plenty of room for more random stuff. It could be reviewing a comic or manga, maybe talking about anime, perhaps more serious discussions on literary topics…kidding. Really though, I’d love to do the blog’s name justice this year!
9. Finish more series! – I am participating in the Seriously Series Reading Challenge already so that will be my motivation, but I had a tendency last year to avoid series because I didn’t want to marathon them and have my reviews be all about the same type of books. With the way my features are laid out now that won’t be a problem and I can read all of them in a row! I’m looking at you Kane Chronicles and Heroes of Olympus!
10. Have fun! – Sometimes I get too wrapped up in stats and view-counts and lose sight of why I do this. I have a book blog because I LOVE supporting authors, helping get the word out about great books, and to celebrate my joy of reading. So I’m go to freaking enjoy myself! Weeeee! (Admittedly this could have been to use more exclamation points, look at all of them!)
So those are my top ten goals/resolutions for 2014! What is your top ten list for this week? Are your goals/resolutions bookish or otherwise? Are they blog focused, reading goals, writing ones? Let me know! Thanks as always for reading! ^.^