Top Ten Books on My Winter TBR
Totally Random Tuesday
Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because they are particularly fond of lists at The Broke and the Bookish. They love to share their lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
This week on Top Ten Tuesday it is all about the books you can’t wait to read this winter! I’m not going to be doing much reading with finals going on in the next couple weeks for college, so this is my top ten for January. ^.^
1. Unhinged by A.G. Howard – This was my latest Waiting on Wednesday and with Splintered being in my top 5 favorite reads of 2013, my anticipation for Unhinged is unmeasurable. I’ll be doing a review on the release day so look for that!
2. The Unbound by Victoria Schwab – I really enjoyed The Archived earlier this year, and I’m sure The Unbound will have me raving as well. Another book I have on pre-order and plan to review on the release day. Huzzah for planning ahead! ^.^
3. Bang by Lisa McMann – Crash was an enjoyable read for me, and I like McMann’s style of writing quite a bit. Bang is pretty short so I should breeze through this one and it is quite literally staring at me on my stacks of books, waiting, watching.
4. Horde by Ann Aguirre – The only reason I haven’t read this already (besides a lack of time) is because I’m saving it for the 365 books in 365 days challenge that I will be doing next year. I loved Enclave and Outpost, and I’m sure Horde will meet and even surpass my lofty expectations. The day I get to read this will be a fun one.
5. Curtsies & Conspiracies by Gail Carriger – Etiquette and Espionage is another book in my top 5 for 2013, so to say I am looking forward to reading Curtsies & Conspiracies would be a massive understatement. These books have fabulous characters, a creative spin on werewolves and vampires, and THE MOST AMAZING WRITING EVER. I’m fine…really I swear. >.>
6. Another Little Piece by Kate Karyus Quinn – I know, I know, this was released this summer, but I haven’t read it yet! All I have heard about this book is that it’s one of the best “mind fucks” out there right now, which has me really eager to dive in. Can’t wait!
7. In the After by Demitria Lunetta – Another book released this summer that I didn’t devour along with seemingly everyone else. I hesitate to read this in January with In the End not coming out until June of next year, but the wonderful people at Epic Reads keep saying how the first 100 pages are the best they’ve probably read this year. I can’t resist!
8. Pivot Point by Kasie West – I swear I’m reading this in January no matter what! It came out all the way back in February of this year and it’s been sitting on my shelves for roughly that same amount of time along with all of the other neglected books I plan to read next year during the challenge. I know it is going to be good, it will be a stress free reading day because of it, and I’m psyched!
9. 3:59 by Gretchen McNeil – 3:59 came out in mid September this year and I mostly want to get into this one because of how much I like and respect McNeil as a person. I follow her on Twitter, read any content by/about her (which came out a bit more stalkery then I had intended), and just think she’s awesome. If 3:59 is half as amazing as she is I’ll be in for a great time.
10. Emerald Green by Kerstin Gier – Book three in the Ruby Red Trilogy, Emerald Green will complete a series that still has me flummoxed. I LOVE certain elements like the characters Lucy and Paul (whom I hope have bigger roles in Emerald Green), Madame Rossini and her fabulous dresses and accessories, and TIME TRAVEL because who doesn’t love time travel? However, the MC, Gwen, is not my favorite and the romance going on isn’t either, but I’m still really excited to finish the trilogy. Where will Gier take us next?
So those are the top ten books I can’t wait to read this winter (specifically in January)! What is your top ten list for this week? Are yours spread out over the course of the winter months? Are they all new books or do you have a few that you’ve put off until now? Let me know! Thanks as always for reading! ^.^