Top Ten Books on My 2013 Fall TBR List
Totally Random Tuesday
Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because they are particularly fond of lists at The Broke and the Bookish. They love to share their lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
This week on Top Ten Tuesday you could talk about books on your TBR you plan to get to in the fall or fall releases you are excited for, I went with the latter. ^.^
1. 3:59 by Gretchen McNeil – I won’t have to wait very long to jump right into this book as it is supposed to show up at my door today! I really enjoy McNeil’s writing, there has been a ton of positive buzz over the book from other bookish bloggers, and the premise reminds me of Lucid but with a much darker twist which should make for a fantastic read.
2. Vicious by V.E. Schwab – Another book I’ve heard great buzz about and since I enjoyed Schwab’s The Archived I have high hopes for Vicious. Also, superpowers!!!
3. David and Goliath by Malcolm Gladwell – I’m guessing that none of you have heard of this unless you read one of my previous posts about Gladwell. This is non-fiction, all about underdogs and how they surpass the giants of the world (think companies), and though I know it isn’t likely most of your cup of tea, his writing is fabulous and it is one I’m super excited for. ^.^
4. Unbreakable by Kami Garcia – She wrote Beautiful Creatures, it’s another paranormal universe, and there is a murder mystery to solve! Need I say more?
5. Emerald Green by Kerstin Gier – Book 3 in the Ruby Red Trilogy, Emerald Green should be a fantastic conclusion to a fascinating take on time travel. I still haven’t read Sapphire Blue (I’ll get to it soon I swear) but as I enjoyed Ruby Red I have no doubt Emerald Green will bring me all the feels.
6. The House of Hades by Rick Riordan – No one needs me to hype up a Rick Riordan book, believe me I know. The House of Hades sounds great, will bring on some Underworld baddies, and who doesn’t want more Percy in their lives? No one.
7. Allegiant by Veronica Roth – I know, I know, many book bloggers LOVED Divergent but Insurgent left them cold, so where will Allegiant fall? I don’t know, but I’m guessing toward the latter as I think Insurgent suffered a sophomore year slump and Allegiant will get us back into the world we fell in love with with a vengeance. I’m excited! ^.^
8. Horde by Ann Aguirre – If you follow ze blog you know Aguirre is on my auto-buy author list, and since this is my favorite series I have read by her (so far) Horde has me making all the squees and grabby hands. I MUST have this book!
9. Altered by Gennifer Albin – Did you love Crewel? I thoroughly enjoyed it and I’m psyched for Altered! Discovering what’s left of the ruins on Earth, dodging the attacks sent by the Guild and finding out more of who and what Adelice is? Sign me up!
10. Curtsies & Conspiracies by Gail Carriger – Yes, I know this book comes out in early November but I am so still considering that “fall” if it allows me to include C&C. Etiquette & Espionage is one of my favorite books I have read this year and sits happily on my 5-Frodo shelf. Why wouldn’t I love Curtsies & Conspiracies just as much? Can’t wait!
So those are my ten books that I am looking forward to releasing (and reading) this fall! What is your top ten list for this week? Did you choose to focus on new releases or your TBR? Let me know! Thanks as always for reading! ^.^