How can you not love Dewey’s Read-a-Thon? It is easily one of my favorites of the year and the amount of awesomeness they pack into it is always amazing. Challenges, twitter conversations, prizes and wonderful hosts throughout the 24 hours makes for a crazy but super fun day of (kinda) reading. Unlike my last go round with Dewey’s I am somewhat less prepared, I blame getting off a 50hr work week having much to do with that. Anyhow, on to my books (sorry no pictures, no time!). This is by no means a full list, but it has a bunch I’d really like to get to and I have SOOO many to choose from. ^.^ Oh and my challenge posts will be under the list so look for that!
Article 5 by Kristen Simmons
Storm by Brigid Kemmerer
Outpost by Ann Aguirre
Insurgent by Veronica Roth
The Nightmare Affair by Mindee Arnett
The Culling by Steven Dos Santos
The Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan
The Iron Thorn by Caitlin Kittredge
The Madness Underneath by Maureen Johnson
Devilish by Maureen Johnson
Pages Read: 279
Amount of Time Spent Reading: 3hrs 15minutes
Challenges Participated In:
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? – Cologne, MN, USA (My bedroom)
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? – Tossup b/n The Madness Underneath and The Sea of Monsters
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? – I always get Domino’s for readathons, can’t wait! (Supreme if you are curious)
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! – o_o I love books? Cliche… I used to paint LotR figures? Outdated… Umm…I’m on the back of Sarah-Jane Lehoux’s latest book!
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? – I did participate in the last one and I had a blast combining reading with challenges and a bunch of social interaction, I think I’ll likely do the same thing again though I might go a little heavier on reading and lighter on challenges. We shall see!