Day 2: Always Remember to Tip Your Ninja: And Other Maxims for the Clinically Absurd by Jeremy C. Shipp
Summary From Goodreads:
What is the secret of happiness?
Can the laws of attraction help you to cheat death?
What’s the best way to get rich during the zombie apocalypse?
How do you fix your life with nothing but a spork and a DVD box set of “Charles in Charge”?
Why do you see evil clowns every time you close your eyes?
These are just some of the questions this book won’t answer for you.
ALWAYS REMEMBER TO TIP YOUR NINJA contains 99 absurd maxims that will change your life forever, or at least make you chortle.
For this particular book I thought it would be fitting to pick out my top 10 favorite absurd maxims to give you a little taste of what is inside this hilarious piece by the always amazing (and bizarre) Jeremy C. Shipp. So without further ado, here’s my top 10 in reverse order:
10. If you wake up and smell the coffee, you need to find out who broke into your house.
9. Rubber chicken soup is beneficial for the clown’s soul.
8. Juggling babies is almost always wrong.
7. You can tell a lot about a person by what he screams in his sleep.
6. Evil twins are people too.
5. The best part about being in a pickle is eating your way out.
4. If you’re feeling stressed out, take a deep breath, close your eyes, and imagine a world without the Star Wars prequels.
3. Imitation is the sincerest form of copyright infringement.
2. Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer. But leave the mimes out in the cold where they belong.
1. Kill zombies for the rush, but eat their brains for the irony.
I hope you enjoyed them and make sure to check out the entire collection for yourself if you did! Jeremy C. Shipp quickly became one of my favorite writers last year and each time I read something he wrote I’m only more impressed. Thanks as always for reading and I’ll see you tomorrow for Day 3! ^.^